Honaker Elementary School
- Honaker Elementary School's student population of 656 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Total Students||656 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Honaker Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#422 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Russell Co Pblc Schs School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Swords Creek Givens Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 83 students
8153 Swords Creek Rd.
Swords Creek, VA 24649
(276)991-0001 1.7 PK-2 83
- Swords Creek Swords Creek Elementary School Grades: 3-7 | 77 students
3867 Swords Creek Rd.
Swords Creek, VA 24649
(276)991-0016 1.7 3-7 77
- Honaker Council Elementary Middle School Grades: PK-7 | 212 students
7608 Helen Henderson Hwy
Honaker, VA 24260
(276)859-9329 1.8 PK-7 212
- Rosedale Belfast Elk Garden Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 89 students
646 Belfast School Rd.
Rosedale, VA 24280
(276)880-2283 6.2 K-5 89
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.