Creston Elementary School serves 84 students in grades Kindergarten-8.
Creston Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Illinois for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 40-44% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 28%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 30-34% (which is approximately equal to the Illinois state average of 32%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is lower than the Illinois state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 33% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Illinois state average of 53% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 84 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 6:1
- Minority Enrollment: 33%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in IL
- Math Proficiency: 40-44% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 30-34% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IL Dept. of Education
Creston Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
Creston Elementary School's student population of 84 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
The teacher population of 13 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Creston Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,663 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Creston Elementary School is 0.48, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (IL)
Overall Testing Rank
#924 out of 3663 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IL Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Creston Elementary School's ranking?
Creston Elementary School is ranked #924 out of 3,663 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Illinois.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
40-44% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 28% IL state average), while 30-34% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 32% IL state average).
How many students attend Creston Elementary School?
84 students attend Creston Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
67% of Creston Elementary School students are White, 27% of students are Hispanic, 4% of students are Black, and 2% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Creston Elementary School?
Creston Elementary School has a student ration of 6:1, which is lower than the Illinois state average of 14:1.
What grades does Creston Elementary School offer ?
Creston Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-8
What school district is Creston Elementary School part of?
Creston Elementary School is part of Creston CCSD 161 School District.
Review Creston Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.