David Turnham Education Center
- David Turnham Education Center's student population of 322 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||322 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- David Turnham Education Center's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||#203 out of 1,767 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||17:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||North Spencer County Sch Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lincoln City Heritage Hills High School Grades: 9-12 | 619 students
3644 E Cr 1600 N
Lincoln City, IN 47552
(812)842-2797 3.3 9-12 619
- Lincoln City Heritage Hills Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 289 students
3646 E Cr 1600 N
Lincoln City, IN 47552
(812)937-4472 3.3 7-8 289
- Ferdinand Nancy Hanks Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 240 students
19260 N Sr 162
Ferdinand, IN 47532
(812)357-5091 5.3 PK-6 240
- Holland Holland Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 186 students
408 Meridian St
Holland, IN 47541
(812)536-2441 6.0 K-5 186
- Huntingburg Huntingburg Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 636 students
501 W Sunset Dr
Huntingburg, IN 47542
(812)683-1172 7.6 K-5 636
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.