Demopolis High School
- Demopolis High School's student population of 722 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2008)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||722 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Demopolis High School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#847 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Demopolis City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Demopolis Westside Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 512 students
1720 Mauvilla Drive
Demopolis, AL 36732
(334)289-0377 0.8 PK-2 512
- Demopolis Us Jones Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 574 students
715 E Jackson St
Demopolis, AL 36732
(334)289-0426 1.3 3-5 574
- Livingston Bell-brown Career Technical Center Grades: 10-12
111 Mlk Parkway
Livingston, AL 35470
(205)652-9469 12.2 10-12 n/a
- Linden Linden High School Grades: 9-12 | 168 students
321 N. Main Street
Linden, AL 36748
(334)295-4287 13.4 9-12 168
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.