Denton Magnet School Of Technology
- Denton Magnet School Of Technology's student population of 355 students has declined by 40% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 38% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||355 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Denton Magnet School Of Technology is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,263 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#762 out of 1263 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mobile County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mobile Wp Davidson High School Grades: 9-12 | 1590 students
3900 Pleasant Valley Rd
Mobile, AL 36609
(251)221-3084 0.1 9-12 1590
- Mobile Elizabeth Fonde Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 616 students
3956 Cottage Hill Rd
Mobile, AL 36609
(251)221-1240 0.7 PK-5 616
- Mobile Acceleration Day And Evening Academy Grades: 9-12 | 245 students
3100 Cottage Hill Rd
Mobile, AL 36606
(251)476-0002 1.6 9-12 245
- Mobile Kate Shepard Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 610 students
3980b Burma Rd
Mobile, AL 36693
(251)221-1645 1.6 PK-5 610
- Mobile Sw Alabama Regional School Deafblind Grades: PK-5 | 45 students
3980 Burma Road
Mobile, AL 36693
(251)221-5454 1.6 PK-5 45
First of all these teachers included the office staff need to use their people skill, control their emotions and use their value when it come down to talking to those with respects is something u have to earn u don't curse the students out or yelling at them On the form of the rest of the students what they can do is pull them to the office and talk to them and that so call assistant principal is rude and unprofessional.
- Posted by Parent - Akouvi Williams
This school has moved to a new address with all new administrators, teachers and a new building. It is now at 3800 Pleasant Valley Rd, Mobile AL 36609. It has 700 students from the 36609 area. It is next door to Davidson High School (college prep). Denton has more new instructional technology than any area middle school. The new staff is working hard at becoming a blue-ribbon school.
- Posted by Teacher - dfry
Nearby Homes for Sale
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.