Phillips Preparatory Middle School
Phillips Preparatory Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Phillips Preparatory Middle School's student population of 809 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2011)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||809 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Phillips Preparatory Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has decreased from 23:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#24 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mobile County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mobile Ucp Of Mobile Inc Grades: PK-K
3058 Dauphin Square Connector
Mobile, AL 36607
(251)479-4900 0.5 PK-K n/a
- Mobile Westlawn Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 693 students
3071 Ralston Rd
Mobile, AL 36606
(251)221-1705 1.3 PK-5 693
- Mobile Augusta Evans School Grades: PK-12 | 270 students
6301 Biloxi Ave
Mobile, AL 36607
(251)221-5400 1.4 PK-12 270
- Mobile Holloway Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 640 students
625 Stanton Rd
Mobile, AL 36617
(251)221-1391 1.6 K-5 640
This school provides lots of help in each subject and im glad to be apart of it
- Posted by Student/Alumni - AETwi
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.