Mary B Austin Elementary School
- Mary B Austin Elementary School's student population of 507 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2006)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||507 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mary B Austin Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#168 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mobile County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mobile Ucp Of Mobile Inc Grades: PK-K
3058 Dauphin Square Connector
Mobile, AL 36607
(251)479-4900 1.2 PK-K n/a
- Mobile Forest Hill Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 529 students
4501 Moffett Rd
Mobile, AL 36618
(251)221-1270 1.3 K-5 529
- Mobile Cl Scarborough Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 560 students
1800 Phillips Ln
Mobile, AL 36618
(251)221-2323 1.8 6-8 560
- Mobile Goodwill Easter Seal Center Spec Child Grades: PK | 14 students
10 Westminster Way
Mobile, AL 36608
(251)342-3122 1.8 PK 14
I give Austin 5 stars for being such a wonderful school! Teachers are professional and caring. The buildings are sparkling clean and so well maintained. My child's curriculum includes music and art. He loves going to school, and we will all miss Austin when he goes to middle school in two years.
- Posted by Parent - rod88
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.