Desoto Elementary School
Desoto Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Desoto Elementary School's student population of 253 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||253 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Desoto Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#3126 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||HILLSBOROUGH School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Ami Kids Tampa Grades: 6-12
1730 Maritime Blvd
Tampa, FL 33605
(813)233-2211 1.1 6-12 n/a
- Tampa Channelside Academy Of Math And Science Grades: K-5 | 383 students
1029 E Twiggs St
Tampa, FL 33602
(813)579-9649 1.3 K-5 383
- Riverview Bell Creek Academy High School Grades: 9-12 | 344 students
13221 Boyette Rd
Riverview, FL 33569
(813)793-6075 1.4 9-12 344
- Tampa Ese Birth Thru Age 5 Grades: PK | 236 students
1202 E Palm Ave
Tampa, FL 33605
(813)273-7520 1.4 PK 236
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.