Channelside Academy Of Math And Science
- Channelside Academy Of Math And Science's student population of 355 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||355 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Channelside Academy Of Math And Science is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#735 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hillsborough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Channelside Academy Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 142 students
1029 E Twiggs St
Tampa, FL 33602
(813) 579-9649 0.0 6-8 142
- Tampa Avant Grade Academy Westchase Grades: K-8 | 227 students
13901 Sheldon Rd
Tampa, FL 33626
(813) 551-2144 0.2 K-8 227
- Riverview Bell Creek Academy High School Grades: 9-12 | 391 students
13221 Boyette Rd
Riverview, FL 33569
(813) 793-6075 0.2 9-12 391
- Riverview Bridgeprep Academy Of Riverview Grades: K-8 | 641 students
6309 Us Highway 301 S
Riverview, FL 33578
(813) 405-1770 0.2 K-8 641
- Tampa Excelsior Prep Charter School Grades: K-8 | 75 students
2156 University Square Mall Un
Tampa, FL 33612
(813) 615-1736 0.2 K-8 75
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.