Discovery Charter Ii
- Discovery Charter Ii's student population of 550 students has grown by 51% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has grown by 35% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||550 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Discovery Charter Ii is ranked within the top 20% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1653 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Santa Clara County Office Of Education School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Discovery Charter Grades: K-8 | 567 students
4021 Teale Ave.
San Jose, CA 95117
(408) 243-9800 0.1 K-8 567
- San Jose Leroy Anderson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 410 students
4000 Rhoda Dr.
San Jose, CA 95117
(408) 874-3100 0.1 K-5 410
- San Jose George C. Payne Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 609 students
3750 Gleason Ave.
San Jose, CA 95130
(408) 874-3700 0.5 K-5 609
- San Jose Easterbrook Discovery Grades: K-8 | 959 students
4835 Doyle Rd.
San Jose, CA 95129
(408) 874-3500 0.8 K-8 959
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.