Leroy Anderson Elementary School
- Leroy Anderson Elementary School's student population of 410 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 22% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||410 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Leroy Anderson Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has increased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#4167 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Moreland School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Discovery Charter Ii Grades: K-8 | 550 students
762 Sunset Glen Dr.
San Jose, CA 95123
(408) 243-9800 0.1 K-8 550
- San Jose Discovery Charter Grades: K-8 | 567 students
4021 Teale Ave.
San Jose, CA 95117
(408) 243-9800 0.2 K-8 567
- San Jose George C. Payne Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 609 students
3750 Gleason Ave.
San Jose, CA 95130
(408) 874-3700 0.5 K-5 609
- San Jose Easterbrook Discovery Grades: K-8 | 959 students
4835 Doyle Rd.
San Jose, CA 95129
(408) 874-3500 0.8 K-8 959
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.