- School Type: Charter School
- Grades: 5-8
- Enrollment: 374 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 21:1
- Minority Enrollment: 76%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 36% (Top 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 53% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
36% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 53% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Discovery Charter?
374 students attend Discovery Charter.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
50% of Discovery Charter students are Hispanic, 24% of students are White, 14% of students are Asian, 7% of students are Two or more races, 4% of students are Black, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Discovery Charter?
Discovery Charter has a student ration of 21:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Discovery Charter offer ?
Discovery Charter offers enrollment in grades 5-8
Review Discovery Charter. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities