Dixie Elementary Magnet School
- Dixie Elementary Magnet School's student population of 574 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2010)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||574 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dixie Elementary Magnet School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KY)|
|Overall School Rank||#447 out of 1,251 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fayette County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lexington Deep Springs Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 571 students
1919 Brynell Drive
Lexington, KY 40505
(859)381-3069 0.6 PK-5 571
- Lexington Yates Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 470 students
695 E New Circle Rd
Lexington, KY 40505
(859)381-3613 1.0 PK-5 470
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.