Dixon Elementary School
Dixon Elementary School serves 569 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Dixon Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Wisconsin for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 75% (which is higher than the Wisconsin state average of 43%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 59% (which is higher than the Wisconsin state average of 41%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is higher than the Wisconsin state level of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 25% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the Wisconsin state average of 32% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Students: 569 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 25%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5% in WI
- Math Proficiency: 75% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 59% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), WI Dept. of Education
Dixon Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Wisconsin for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Dixon Elementary School's student population of 569 students has grown by 39% over five school years.
The teacher population of 40 teachers has grown by 42% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Dixon Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 2,025 schools in Wisconsin (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Dixon Elementary School is 0.42, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.51. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (WI)
Overall Testing Rank
#97 out of 2025 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), WI Dept. of Education
Review Dixon Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.
June 24, 2022School Safety: Shootings
Teachers and parents must be prepared for anything that impacts the safety of our young people.