Doctors Charter School Of Miami Shores
- Doctors Charter School Of Miami Shores's student population of 601 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has grown by 25% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||601 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Doctors Charter School Of Miami Shores's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#599 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dade School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Hubert O. Sibley K-8 Academy Grades: PK-8 | 819 students
255 Nw 115th St
Miami, FL 33168
(305)953-3737 0.2 PK-8 819
- Miami Gratigny Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 576 students
11905 N Miami Ave
Miami, FL 33168
(305)681-6685 0.6 PK-5 576
- Miami Lakeview Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 419 students
1290 Nw 115th St
Miami, FL 33167
(305)757-1535 0.9 PK-5 419
- Miami Van E. Blanton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 589 students
10327 Nw 11th Ave
Miami, FL 33150
(305)696-9241 0.9 PK-5 589
Nearby Homes for Sale
Not just kids need schooling. Learn about the Parent Academy offered through Miami-Dade County Public Schools, where parents go back to school.
Across the country, parents are opting their children out of Common Core testing, with New York City seeing some of the biggest opt-out numbers. How is this massive school district handling the situation?
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.