Dossin Elementarymiddle School
Dossin Elementarymiddle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Dossin Elementarymiddle School's student population of 366 students has grown by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||366 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dossin Elementarymiddle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2914 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Detroit Public Schools Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Detroit Detroit Innovation Academy Grades: K-8 | 343 students
18211 Plymouth Rd
Detroit, MI 48228
(313) 736-5537 0.9 K-8 343
- Detroit Communication And Media Arts High School Grades: 9-12 | 581 students
14771 Mansfield St
Detroit, MI 48227
(313) 866-9300 1.1 9-12 581
- Detroit Burns Elementarymiddle School Grades: PK-8 | 331 students
14350 Terry St
Detroit, MI 48227
(313) 852-0534 1.2 PK-8 331
- Detroit Detroit Achievement Academy Grades: K-8 | 126 students
7000 Outer Drive
Detroit, MI 48235
(313) 409-8589 1.2 K-8 126
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.