Downe Township Elementary School
- Downe Township Elementary School's student population of 180 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||180 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Downe Township Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,236 schools in New Jersey (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NJ)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Downe Township School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cedarville Myron L. Powell Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 487 students
225 Main Street
Cedarville, NJ 08311
(856)447-4237 3.4 PK-8 487
- Bridgeton Cumberland Campus Grades: PK-12 | 113 students
13 Ramah Road
Bridgeton, NJ 08302
(856)459-1061 6.1 PK-12 113
- Millville Rieck Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 425 students
339 Rieck Avenue, Po Box 5010
Millville, NJ 08332
(856)293-2345 7.5 K-5 425
- Port Norris Haleyville-mauricetown Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 416 students
1308 North Avenue
Port Norris, NJ 08349
(856)785-0222 8.0 PK-5 416
A NYC public school is now completely vegetarian! How have students reacted, and will other public schools follow suit?
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.