New Jersey Public Schools
- New Jersey is the #10 largest school system in the United States, serving 1,368,924 students across 2,585 public schools.
- New Jersey public schools have a diversity score of 0.69, which is higher than the national average of 0.52.
- Minority enrollment is 54% (majority Hispanic and Black) and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(NJ) School Average
Two or more races
New Jersey Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 83 Schools45,013 Students58% Minority
- 283 Schools135,195 Students48% Minority
- 142 Schools69,849 Students38% Minority
- 169 Schools82,292 Students55% Minority
- 34 Schools12,580 Students24% Minority
- 57 Schools27,903 Students70% Minority
- 245 Schools133,123 Students75% Minority
- 83 Schools46,540 Students28% Minority
- 129 Schools87,129 Students83% Minority
- 53 Schools19,775 Students16% Minority
- 107 Schools54,396 Students64% Minority
- 200 Schools126,855 Students69% Minority
- 190 Schools102,823 Students32% Minority
- 150 Schools73,783 Students33% Minority
- 119 Schools70,467 Students27% Minority
- 158 Schools85,621 Students69% Minority
- 33 Schools11,046 Students37% Minority
- 75 Schools49,023 Students49% Minority
- 48 Schools21,210 Students14% Minority
- 181 Schools97,597 Students67% Minority
- 46 Schools16,704 Students24% Minority
August 16, 2018
Bullying is becoming the red hot topic in education circles today, and the U.S. Department of Education is taking note. Learn about the anti-bullying summit held by Education Secretary Arne Duncan and how schools may finally put an end to bullying.
July 12, 2018
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
July 12, 2018
Meal delivery services are all the rage these days, but could they be the solution to the school lunch problem? Keep reading to find out!