New Jersey Public Schools
- New Jersey is the #10 largest school system in the United States, serving 1,368,924 students across 2,585 public schools.
- New Jersey public schools have a diversity score of 0.69, which is higher than the national average of 0.52.
- Minority enrollment is 54% (majority Hispanic and Black) and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(NJ) School Average
Two or more races
New Jersey Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 83 Schools45,013 Students58% Minority
- 283 Schools135,195 Students48% Minority
- 142 Schools69,849 Students38% Minority
- 169 Schools82,292 Students55% Minority
- 34 Schools12,580 Students24% Minority
- 57 Schools27,903 Students70% Minority
- 245 Schools133,123 Students75% Minority
- 83 Schools46,540 Students28% Minority
- 129 Schools87,129 Students83% Minority
- 53 Schools19,775 Students16% Minority
- 107 Schools54,396 Students64% Minority
- 200 Schools126,855 Students69% Minority
- 190 Schools102,823 Students32% Minority
- 150 Schools73,783 Students33% Minority
- 119 Schools70,467 Students27% Minority
- 158 Schools85,621 Students69% Minority
- 33 Schools11,046 Students37% Minority
- 75 Schools49,023 Students49% Minority
- 48 Schools21,210 Students14% Minority
- 181 Schools97,597 Students67% Minority
- 46 Schools16,704 Students24% Minority
June 12, 2018
Learn about the pros and cons of graduating early from high school.
June 12, 2018
Peek into what have been dubbed “Taj Majal” high schools, with a list of the five most expensive high schools in the country, how much they cost, and what they really offer students.
May 18, 2018
Find out where the members of the 115th House of Representatives went to school and how many chose private school over public school for their own children.