New Jersey Public Schools
- New Jersey is the #10 largest school system in the United States, serving 1,363,522 students across 2,544 public schools.
- New Jersey public schools have a diversity score of 0.42, which is higher than the national average of 0.31.
- Minority enrollment is 52% (majority Hispanic and Black) and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(NJ) School Average
Two or more races
New Jersey Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 82 Schools45,453 Students58% Minority
- 279 Schools134,752 Students46% Minority
- 140 Schools70,528 Students37% Minority
- 167 Schools82,325 Students54% Minority
- 34 Schools12,692 Students23% Minority
- 57 Schools27,813 Students68% Minority
- 240 Schools126,995 Students74% Minority
- 82 Schools46,363 Students27% Minority
- 125 Schools87,422 Students83% Minority
- 50 Schools19,891 Students15% Minority
- 102 Schools54,012 Students63% Minority
- 198 Schools125,591 Students68% Minority
- 190 Schools102,757 Students31% Minority
- 150 Schools74,075 Students32% Minority
- 118 Schools71,257 Students26% Minority
- 155 Schools85,328 Students68% Minority
- 33 Schools11,138 Students37% Minority
- 71 Schools49,807 Students48% Minority
- 48 Schools21,773 Students12% Minority
- 177 Schools96,546 Students66% Minority
- 46 Schools17,004 Students23% Minority
January 31, 2018
Bullying is becoming the red hot topic in education circles today, and the U.S. Department of Education is taking note. Learn about the anti-bullying summit held by Education Secretary Arne Duncan and how schools may finally put an end to bullying.
January 31, 2018
Learn about the debate surrounding full-day kindergarten and which choice is best for your child.
January 25, 2018
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.