Top New Jersey Public Schools
- New Jersey is the #10 largest school system in the United States, serving 1,368,924 students across the top 2,585 public schools for the 2018-19 school year.
- New Jersey public schools have a diversity score of 0.43, which is higher than the national average of 0.32.
- Minority enrollment is 54% (majority Hispanic and Black) and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(NJ) School Average
Two or more races
Top New Jersey Public Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 83 Schools45,013 Students58% Minority
- 283 Schools135,195 Students48% Minority
- 142 Schools69,849 Students38% Minority
- 169 Schools82,292 Students55% Minority
- 34 Schools12,580 Students24% Minority
- 57 Schools27,903 Students70% Minority
- 245 Schools133,123 Students75% Minority
- 83 Schools46,540 Students28% Minority
- 129 Schools87,129 Students83% Minority
- 53 Schools19,775 Students16% Minority
- 107 Schools54,396 Students64% Minority
- 200 Schools126,855 Students69% Minority
- 190 Schools102,823 Students32% Minority
- 150 Schools73,783 Students33% Minority
- 119 Schools70,467 Students27% Minority
- 158 Schools85,621 Students69% Minority
- 33 Schools11,046 Students37% Minority
- 75 Schools49,023 Students49% Minority
- 48 Schools21,210 Students14% Minority
- 181 Schools97,597 Students67% Minority
- 46 Schools16,704 Students24% Minority
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.