New Jersey Public Schools
- New Jersey is the #10 largest school system in the United States, serving 1,363,522 students across 2,544 public schools.
- New Jersey public schools have a diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.68, which is higher than the national average of 0.51.
- Minority enrollment is 52% (majority Hispanic and Black) and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(NJ) School Average
Two or more races
New Jersey Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 82 Schools45,453 Students58% Minority
- 279 Schools134,752 Students46% Minority
- 140 Schools70,528 Students37% Minority
- 167 Schools82,325 Students54% Minority
- 34 Schools12,692 Students23% Minority
- 57 Schools27,813 Students68% Minority
- 240 Schools126,995 Students74% Minority
- 82 Schools46,363 Students27% Minority
- 125 Schools87,422 Students83% Minority
- 50 Schools19,891 Students15% Minority
- 102 Schools54,012 Students63% Minority
- 198 Schools125,591 Students68% Minority
- 190 Schools102,757 Students31% Minority
- 150 Schools74,075 Students32% Minority
- 118 Schools71,257 Students26% Minority
- 155 Schools85,328 Students68% Minority
- 33 Schools11,138 Students37% Minority
- 71 Schools49,807 Students48% Minority
- 48 Schools21,773 Students12% Minority
- 177 Schools96,546 Students66% Minority
- 46 Schools17,004 Students23% Minority
September 19, 2017
Though many students move straight into college after high school, there is some benefit to taking a "gap year". Keep reading to learn what a gap year is and how it might benefit you.
September 12, 2017
Homework has become deeply ingrained in the U.S. educational system, but how much homework is too much and how can you create a healthy environment for your child to do schoolwork at home?
September 08, 2017
Learn about single-sex education in public schools.