- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 466 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 11:1
- Minority Enrollment: 93%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 1% in NJ
- Math Proficiency: 79% (Top 1%)
- Reading Proficiency: 82% (Top 5%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NJ Dept. of Education
School 28 ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New Jersey for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is School 28's ranking?
School 28 ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New Jersey for: Highest overall rank (Top 1%), Highest math proficiency (Top 1%), Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%) and Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
79% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 26% NJ state average), while 82% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 47% NJ state average).
How many students attend School 28?
466 students attend School 28.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
56% of School 28 students are Hispanic, 24% of students are Black, 13% of students are Asian, and 7% of students are White.
What is the student:teacher ratio of School 28?
School 28 has a student ration of 11:1, which is equal to the New Jersey state average of 11:1.
What grades does School 28 offer ?
School 28 offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-8
What school district is School 28 part of?
School 28 is part of Paterson Public School District.
Review School 28. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities