Downieville Elementary School
- Downieville Elementary School's student population of 23 students has declined by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 2 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||23 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Downieville Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#2742 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sierra-Plumas Joint Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Camptonville Camptonville Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 63 students
16585 Sch St.
Camptonville, CA 95922
(530)288-3277 13.9 K-8 63
- Nevada City Washington Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 11 students
1 Sch St.
Nevada City, CA 95959
(530)265-2880 14.1 K-8 11
- Nevada City Grizzly Hill Grades: K-8 | 84 students
16661 Old Mill Rd.
Nevada City, CA 95959
(530)265-9052 15.8 K-8 84
- Portola Beckwourth (jim) High (Continuation School) Grades: 9-12 | 18 students
155 Sixth Ave.
Portola, CA 96122
(530)832-5581 25.6 9-12 18
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.