Driftwood Middle School
Driftwood Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Driftwood Middle School's student population of 1,359 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 75 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,359 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Driftwood Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1563 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Broward School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hollywood Sheridan Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 686 students
2310 N 70th Ter
Hollywood, FL 33024
(754)323-7350 0.3 PK-5 686
- Hollywood Igeneration Empowerment Academy Of Davie
777 Davie Rd Ext
Hollywood, FL 33024
(754)321-2600 0.6 n/a n/a
- Fort Lauderdale Atlantic Montessori Charter School West Campus Grades: K-5 | 147 students
2550 S Flamingo Rd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33325
(954)423-9704 0.7 K-5 147
Very happy with the school, my two boys are doing well. This is our second year in the school and all the teachers that they had or have are great. The PTSA is working hard to do extra activities for the kids and the staff, all my respect to the members of the PTSA board that donate their time to make the school better. I only have good comments about the staff, I had a couple of issues with my boys and they were handled fast and well.
- Posted by Parent - Diana Neubauer
My opinion of this school is very low. This school is overcrowded and a child that has learning differences and relies on his IEP being followed will get left behind and forgotten. His grades are dropping and I feel like there is no help or intervention from this school. Driftwood Middle is leaving my child behind.I have met with the ESE team more than once and all they tell me is his IEP is not due to be reviewed until March. This happened September and October meanwhile he is having difficulties that are being addressed. This school put a child with a specific math learning disability in advanced math...... I mean really??? His IEP is not being followed in other classes as well. His grades are dropping and I feel like there is no help or intervention from this school.
- Posted by Parent - Disappointed
I like this school it`s good
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Me
My brother goes to this school and I am just now getting there and he said the teachers and staff do work hard and can be a little frustrating but most of the problems he has had is with the students. He is in 8th grade now and I am in 6th and by telling me tips I'm thinking of this school as an OK school so far.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kitte
This is a pretty okay school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - danuc