Dunlow Elementary School
Dunlow Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 10%)
Dunlow Elementary School's student population of 97 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 9 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||97 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
Dunlow Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 644 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
The diversity score of Dunlow Elementary School is 0.02, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.19. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
Overall Testing Rank
|#30 out of 644 schools|
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wayne County Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
The nearest high school to Dunlow Elementary School is Tolsia High School (4.1 miles away)
The nearest middle school is Crum Pre K-8 School (8.3 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is Genoa Elementary School (7.1 miles away)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Gay Tolsia High School Grades: 9-12 | 391 students
#1 Rebel Drive
Fort Gay, WV 25514
(304) 648-5566 4.1 9-12 391
- Genoa Genoa Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 67 students
21269 Route 152
Genoa, WV 25517
(304) 385-4421 7.1 K-5 67
- Crum Crum Pre K-8 School Grades: PK-8 | 305 students
150 Crum Road
Crum, WV 25669
(304) 393-3200 8.3 PK-8 305
- Louisa Louisa Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 443 students
9 Bulldog Lane
Louisa, KY 41230
(606) 638-4090 10.4 6-8 443
- Louisa Lawrence County High School Grades: 9-12 | 696 students
100 Bulldog Ln
Louisa, KY 41230
(606) 638-9676 10.5 9-12 696
The COVID-19 pandemic has turned the world on its head. The effects of the global pandemic will be felt for years to come, though maybe more so in certain populations. Here’s what you need to know about the current state of special education in the United States.
As more schools return to in-person learning, teachers and parents find themselves dealing with the trauma and stress created by the pandemic.
After more than a year of remote learning, schools are finally returning to in-person instruction but how has the pandemic changed the face of public education and what will it look like moving forward?