East High School
East High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Wisconsin for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 5%)
- East High School's student population of 1,256 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 75 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,256 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- East High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,029 schools in Wisconsin (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WI)|
|Overall School Rank||#139 out of 2029 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Elmbrook School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brookfield Burleigh Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 786 students
16185 Burleigh Pl
Brookfield, WI 53005
(262)781-5280 1.4 PK-5 786
- Brookfield Dixon Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 525 students
2400 Pilgrim Square Dr
Brookfield, WI 53005
(262)785-3970 1.5 PK-5 525
- Elm Grove Tonawanda Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 390 students
13605 Underwood River Pkwy
Elm Grove, WI 53122
(262)785-3950 1.7 PK-5 390
- Milwaukee Wauwatosa Montessori School Grades: PK-8 | 172 students
12121 W North Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53226
(414)773-3310 1.7 PK-8 172
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.