East Middle School
- East Middle School's student population of 535 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 63 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||535 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||63 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- East Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#4137 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Binghamton City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Binghamton Calvin Coolidge School Grades: PK-5 | 334 students
261 Robinson St
Binghamton, NY 13904
(607)762-8291 0.4 PK-5 334
- Binghamton Theodore Roosevelt School Grades: PK-5 | 399 students
9 Ogden St
Binghamton, NY 13901
(607)762-8283 0.9 PK-5 399
- Binghamton Greater Binghamton Health Center Grades: 2-11 | 15 students
425 Robinson St
Binghamton, NY 13904
(607)773-4544 1.0 2-11 15
- Binghamton Benjamin Franklin Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 518 students
262 Conklin Ave
Binghamton, NY 13903
(607)762-8344 1.2 PK-5 518
- Binghamton Binghamton High School Grades: 9-12 | 1534 students
31 Main St
Binghamton, NY 13905
(607)762-8239 1.9 9-12 1534
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.