East Orient Elementary School
East Orient Elementary School serves 383 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
East Orient Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Oregon for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 64% (which is higher than the Oregon state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 66% (which is higher than the Oregon state average of 54%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is higher than the Oregon state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 25% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Oregon state average of 40% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Students: 383 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 21:1
- Minority Enrollment: 25%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in OR
- Math Proficiency: 64% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 66% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), OR Dept. of Education
East Orient Elementary School's student population of 383 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
East Orient Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,208 schools in Oregon (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of East Orient Elementary School is 0.42, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.58. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (OR)
Overall Testing Rank
#161 out of 1208 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), OR Dept. of Education
Review East Orient Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
July 11, 2022Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.