East Rowan High School
East Rowan High School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- East Rowan High School's student population of 1,050 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 63 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,050 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||63 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- East Rowan High School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#1606 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rowan-Salisbury s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salisbury Erwin Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 866 students
170 St Luke's Church Rd
Salisbury, NC 28146
(704)279-7265 0.0 6-8 866
- Salisbury Rowan Co Early College Grades: 9-12 | 235 students
1333 Jake Alexander Blvd S
Salisbury, NC 28145
(704)216-3873 1.5 9-12 235
- Granite Quarry Granite Quarry Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 557 students
118 South Walnut St
Granite Quarry, NC 28072
(704)279-2154 1.7 PK-5 557
- Faith Faith Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 390 students
1000 School St
Faith, NC 28041
(704)279-3195 2.2 K-5 390
- Rockwell Rockwell Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 544 students
114 Link St
Rockwell, NC 28138
(704)279-3145 2.7 PK-5 544
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.