East Ward Elementary School
East Ward Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- East Ward Elementary School's student population of 562 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||562 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- East Ward Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#5080 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Killeen Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Killeen Alice W Douse Elementary School
700 Rebecca Lynn Dr
Killeen, TX 76540
(254)336-1624 0.5 n/a n/a
- Killeen Dr Joseph A Fowler Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 1009 students
4910 Katy Creek Ln
Killeen, TX 76549
(254)336-1760 0.5 PK-5 1009
- Killeen Roy J Smith Middle School
6000 Brushy Creek Dr
Killeen, TX 76540
(254)336-1050 0.5 n/a n/a
- Killeen Peebles Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 836 students
1800 N W S Young Dr
Killeen, TX 76543
(254)336-2120 0.6 PK-5 836
- Killeen Richard Milburn Alter H S (killeen) Grades: 9-12 | 212 students
802 N 2nd St Bldg G
Killeen, TX 76541
(254)634-4444 0.7 9-12 212
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.