Edison Elementary School
Edison Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Edison Elementary School's student population of 439 students has declined by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 43 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||439 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Edison Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#3126 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hillsborough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Erwin Technical College
2010 E Hillsborough Ave
Tampa, FL 33610
(813) 769-5180 0.6 n/a n/a
- Tampa Ferrell Middle Magnet School Grades: 6-8 | 584 students
4302 N 24th St
Tampa, FL 33610
(813) 276-5608 0.6 6-8 584
- Tampa Learey Technical College
7010 N Manhattan Ave
Tampa, FL 33614
(813) 769-2123 0.6 n/a n/a
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.