Edison Elementary School serves 45 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Edison Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Colorado for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 33%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 47%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is lower than the Colorado state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 22% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Colorado state average of 48% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 45 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 9:1
- Minority Enrollment: 22%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CO
- Math Proficiency: <50% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: <50% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CO Dept. of Education
Edison Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
Edison Elementary School's student population of 45 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
The teacher population of 5 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Edison Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,734 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Edison Elementary School is 0.35, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (CO)
Overall Testing Rank
#396 out of 1734 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CO Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Edison Elementary School's ranking?
Edison Elementary School is ranked #396 out of 1,734 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Colorado.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
<50% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 33% CO state average), while <50% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 47% CO state average).
How many students attend Edison Elementary School?
45 students attend Edison Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
78% of Edison Elementary School students are White, and 22% of students are Hispanic.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Edison Elementary School?
Edison Elementary School has a student ration of 9:1, which is lower than the Colorado state average of 15:1.
What grades does Edison Elementary School offer ?
Edison Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
What school district is Edison Elementary School part of?
Edison Elementary School is part of Edison Joint District No. 54 Of The Counties Of El Paso And School District.
Review Edison Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Foreign Language Study Abroad
We've put together this resource guide to help students, adults and professionals get the information they require to choose a good destination to study language abroad.
Unlock the power of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) in this comprehensive guide. Discover how IEPs support students with diverse needs, including behavioral challenges. This article is a must-read for parents navigating the education system and aspiring teachers seeking to make a positive impact.
Not Just for College: A Guide to K-12 Scholarships
Explore the world of scholarships designed specifically for K-12 students in this comprehensive guide. Discover opportunities to ease the financial burden of private education and pave the way for academic success.