Edwards Elementary School
Edwards Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in South Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Edwards Elementary School's student population of 537 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||537 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Edwards Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (SC)|
|Overall School Rank||#678 out of 1,130 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Chesterfield 01 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chesterfield Chesterfield High School Grades: 9-12 | 518 students
401 North Page Street
Chesterfield, SC 29709
(843)623-2161 1.3 9-12 518
- Ruby Ruby Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 266 students
249 Thurman Avenue
Ruby, SC 29741
(843)634-6310 4.2 PK-5 266
- Chesterfield Chesterfield-ruby Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 366 students
14445 Highway 9
Chesterfield, SC 29709
(843)623-9401 5.2 6-8 366
- Patrick Plainview Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 171 students
16002 Highway 102
Patrick, SC 29584
(843)498-6633 6.2 PK-6 171
- Cheraw Cheraw High School Grades: 9-12 | 710 students
649 Chesterfield Highway
Cheraw, SC 29520
(843)921-1000 11.5 9-12 710
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.