Elko Middle School
- Elko Middle School's student population of 844 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 59 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||844 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||59 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Elko Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,801 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1748 out of 1801 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Henrico County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sandston Seven Pines Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 410 students
301 Beulah Rd
Sandston, VA 23150
(804)328-4065 3.7 PK-5 410
- Henrico Fair Oaks Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 384 students
201 Jennings Rd
Henrico, VA 23075
(804)328-4085 5.0 PK-5 384
- Henrico Advanced Career Education Center At Highland Springs
100 Tech Drive
Henrico, VA 23075
(804)328-4075 5.2 n/a n/a
School is very unprofessional and does not return calls to the parent or speak with the parent when they call. We should always have an outlet to speak with the school directly when there is an issue . Not happy with the school And the way they resolve issues.
- Posted by Parent - Les
BEST SCHOOL EVER wonderful staff members and teachers who make us incredibly smart
- Posted by Student/Alumni - cathe
I Love Elko Middle School Its The Best School That Helps Me With My Problems When Kids Pick On Me
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mj270
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.
For far too long the American public school system has failed to address “out-of-school” factors like poverty and their impact on what happens in the classroom. As the nation continues to become increasingly diverse, many schools are adopting comprehensive approaches to education that account for the unique needs of students so that each child is prepared for their future and not just for a year-end test.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.