Ellington (duke) High (Continuation School)
- Ellington (duke) High (Continuation School)'s student population of 72 students has declined by 36% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ellington (duke) High (Continuation School)'s student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#7857 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles George Washington Preparatory High School Grades: 9-12 | 958 students
10860 S. Denker Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90047
(323)418-4000 0.2 9-12 958
- Los Angeles Animo South Los Angeles Charter Grades: 9-12 | 591 students
12226 S. W.ern Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90015
(323)779-0544 0.4 9-12 591
- Los Angeles Woodcrest Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 864 students
1151 W. 109th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90044
(323)756-1371 0.4 K-5 864
- Los Angeles Middle College High School Grades: 9-12 | 367 students
1600 W. Imperial Hwy Bldg. 16
Los Angeles, CA 90047
(323)418-4700 0.6 9-12 367
- Los Angeles Summit Preparatory Charter Grades: 4-8 | 158 students
5100 S. Brd.way Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90037
(323)642-8806 0.7 4-8 158
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.