- Emerson School's student population of 144 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||144 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Emerson School's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has increased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OR)|
|Overall School Rank||#105 out of 1,194 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||20:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Portland SD 1J School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Le Monde French Immersion Public Charter School Grades: K-5 | 277 students
2044 E Burnside
Portland, OR 97214
(503)208-3198 0.5 K-5 277
- Portland Lincoln High School Grades: 9-12 | 1698 students
1600 Sw Salmon St
Portland, OR 97205
(503)916-5200 0.6 9-12 1698
- Portland Metropolitan Learning Center Grades: K-12 | 427 students
2033 Nw Glisan St
Portland, OR 97209
(503)916-5737 0.7 K-12 427
- Portland Benson Polytechnic High School Grades: 9-12 | 992 students
546 Ne 12th Ave
Portland, OR 97232
(503)916-5100 1.3 9-12 992
- Portland Ainsworth Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 605 students
2425 Sw Vista Ave
Portland, OR 97201
(503)916-6288 1.4 K-5 605
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.