Ernest P. Willenberg Special Education Center
- Ernest P. Willenberg Special Education Center's student population of 170 students has declined by 26% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||170 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ernest P. Willenberg Special Education Center is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Ernest P. Willenberg Special Education Center is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 77% has increased from 61% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Pedro Seventh Street Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 508 students
1570 W. Seventh St.
San Pedro, CA 90732
(310)832-1538 0.3 K-5 508
- Rancho Palos Verdes Crestwood Street Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 421 students
1946 W. Crestwood St.
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
(310)832-8130 0.6 K-6 421
- San Pedro Bandini Street Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 373 students
425 N. Bandini St.
San Pedro, CA 90731
(310)832-4593 0.7 K-6 373
- San Pedro Park Western Place Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 741 students
1214 Park W.ern Pl.
San Pedro, CA 90732
(310)833-3591 0.9 K-5 741
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 17, 2018
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
August 29, 2018
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
August 28, 2018
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.