Estabrook Elementary School serves 234 students in grades 1-8.
Estabrook Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Michigan for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 48%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the Michigan state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 87% of the student body (majority Black), which is higher than the Michigan state average of 35% (majority Black).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: 1-8
- Enrollment: 234 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 87%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in MI
- Math Proficiency: <50% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: <50% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
Estabrook Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
Most improved public schools
Percent Eligible For Free Lunch
Estabrook Elementary School's student population of 234 students has declined by 50% over five school years.
The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 35% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Estabrook Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,925 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Estabrook Elementary School is 0.57, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (MI)
Overall Testing Rank
#758 out of 2925 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (17-18)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Estabrook Elementary School's ranking?
Estabrook Elementary School is ranked #758 out of 2,925 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Michigan.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
<50% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% MI state average), while <50% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% MI state average).
How many students attend Estabrook Elementary School?
234 students attend Estabrook Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
63% of Estabrook Elementary School students are Black, 13% of students are Hispanic, 13% of students are White, 8% of students are Two or more races, and 3% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Estabrook Elementary School?
Estabrook Elementary School has a student ration of 13:1, which is lower than the Michigan state average of 17:1.
What grades does Estabrook Elementary School offer ?
Estabrook Elementary School offers enrollment in grades 1-8 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Estabrook Elementary School part of?
Estabrook Elementary School is part of Ypsilanti Community Schools School District.
Review Estabrook Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
A Story of Overcoming Common Reading Difficulties
Follow the story of Sarah, a fictional character who overcame common reading difficulties with the help of the three cueing system. This blog post explores the advantages and disadvantages of the three cueing system and provides strategies for implementing it effectively.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
Standardized tests have a long history in American K-12 education. We examine what standardized tests evaluate and more.