Explorer K-8 places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Explorer K-8's student population of 1,686 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 107 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||1,686 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||107 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Explorer K-8's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1707 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hernando School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Spring Hill Gulf Coast Academy Of Science And Technology Grades: 6-8 | 126 students
10444 Tillery Rd
Spring Hill, FL 34608
(352)688-5092 0.4 6-8 126
- Spring Hill Frank W. Springstead High/adul Grades: AE
3300 Mariner Blvd
Spring Hill, FL 34609
(352)797-7027 0.8 AE n/a
- Spring Hill Fox Chapel Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 707 students
9412 Fox Chapel Ln
Spring Hill, FL 34606
(352)797-7025 1.7 6-8 707
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.