F S Banford Elementary School
- F S Banford Elementary School's student population of 514 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||514 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- F S Banford Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2931 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Canton Central School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Canton Saint Lawrence-lewis Boces Grades: K-12 | 310 students
40 W Main St
Canton, NY 13617
(315)386-4504 0.0 K-12 310
- Canton St Lawrence Correctional Facility Grades: 9-11 | 2 students
17 Commerce Lane
Canton, NY 13617
(315)379-2430 0.6 9-11 2
- Potsdam A A Kingston Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 399 students
29 Leroy St
Potsdam, NY 13676
(315)265-2000 10.4 5-8 399
- De Kalb Junction Hermon-dekalb Central School Grades: PK-12 | 396 students
709 E Dekalb Rd
De Kalb Junction, NY 13630
(315)347-3442 10.7 PK-12 396
- Lisbon Lisbon Central School Grades: PK-12 | 581 students
6866 County Rt 10
Lisbon, NY 13658
(315)393-4951 11.1 PK-12 581
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.