Fairhope High School
Fairhope High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Fairhope High School's student population of 1,657 students has grown by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 87 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,657 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||87 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Fairhope High School's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#448 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Baldwin County School District|
- Fairhope High School is a public secondary school located in Fairhope, Alabama. Fairhope High School is a part of the Baldwin County Public Schools system.
- The 2005 teacher of the year award was given to mathematics teacher Tim Reddy.
- Fairhope High School Football: Each year, the football team plays Foley High School for the Blue-Gold trophy. Fairhope's biggest rivals are Foley and the Trojans of Daphne High School. In 2005, the Pirate's record was 5 wins and 5 loses. The final 2004 record was 10 wins and 3 losses. 2005 college recruits were Brock Johnson (WR,PR) who is going to Samford University and Dewitt Jones (DE) who is going to The Citadel.
- Fairhope High School Soccer: The FHS Junior Varsity Team, lead by Coach Mark Leavins, has won eight games, and tied one. The undefeated team consists of Drew Amond, Brock Boone, Bo Brunson, Alden Harold, Blair Lowell, Justin Polezynski, Noah Rand, Leon Wynn, Alex Shaw, Lucas Boone, Justin Bunch, Jamason Cherrix, Steve Dorsey, Shawn Hall, Kevin Hickman, Collin Hunt, Ty Malugani, Matt McGlouglin, and Eric Wintzell.
- Fairhope High School Buccaneer Band: The Buccaneer Band of FHS is directed by Director Will Duncan, who is assisted by Robert Allen. The Color Guard is designed by Phillip Davis, who is assisted by LaVon Adams. The 2006 show concept for is titled The Encounter and will feature arrangements from 007 and Carmen. This band is a great band in the Eastern Shore. Everyone is hardworking and efficient.
- School uniform: All Baldwin County Public School students are required to wear school uniforms.
- Tops consist of White or Navy Blue oxford shirts, polo shirts, or turtlenecks. Bottoms consist of khaki or navy blue trousers, shorts, skirts, dresses, jumpers, or capris. Shoes must be white, brown, or black, and the strings must match the color of the shoes. Only girls may wear dresses, jumpers, or capris.
- Opposition: Few people in the area are pleased with the uniform policy. Some believe it to violate the constitutional rights of students. However no real recourse is available, and as a result much of the debate about the policy is moot.
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairhope Fairhope Primary School Grades: PK-3 | 1105 students
408 N Section Street
Fairhope, AL 36532
(251)928-8400 1.8 PK-3 1105
- Fairhope Fairhope Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 830 students
Two Pirate Drive
Fairhope, AL 36532
(251)928-2573 2.5 7-8 830
- Fairhope J Larry Newton School Grades: PK-6 | 670 students
9761 County Road 32
Fairhope, AL 36532
(251)990-3858 2.5 PK-6 670
- Daphne W J Carroll Intermediate School Grades: 4-6 | 479 students
1000 Main St
Daphne, AL 36526
(251)626-0277 6.6 4-6 479
i went to this school and it is really great, all of the people in the front office are polite and efficient, although i must say that some of the teachers at this school are well,Pansies, the overall school is a really great school with a good atmosphere
- Posted by Student/Alumni - septe