Fairhope West Elementary School serves 862 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
Fairhope West Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 54% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 73% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 23% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 862 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 23%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5% in AL
- Math Proficiency: 54% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 73% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AL Dept. of Education
Fairhope West Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Fairhope West Elementary School's student population of 862 students has declined by 21% over five school years.
The teacher population of 64 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Fairhope West Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Fairhope West Elementary School is 0.39, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (AL)
Overall Testing Rank
#55 out of 1276 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AL Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Fairhope West Elementary School's ranking?
Fairhope West Elementary School is ranked #55 out of 1,276 schools, which ranks it among the top 5% of public schools in Alabama.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
54% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 24% AL state average), while 73% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 46% AL state average).
How many students attend Fairhope West Elementary School?
862 students attend Fairhope West Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
77% of Fairhope West Elementary School students are White, 10% of students are Black, 7% of students are Hispanic, 5% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Fairhope West Elementary School?
Fairhope West Elementary School has a student ration of 13:1, which is lower than the Alabama state average of 17:1.
What grades does Fairhope West Elementary School offer ?
Fairhope West Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-6
What school district is Fairhope West Elementary School part of?
Fairhope West Elementary School is part of Baldwin County School District.
View the Fairhope West Elementary School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
First day of school 2023-24 School Year
August 09, 2023 (Wednesday)
Last day of first quarter (41 days)
October 05, 2023 (Thursday)
Fall break students
October 06, 2023 (Friday)
October 09, 2023 (Monday)
Last day of second quarter (42 days)
December 14, 2023 (Thursday)
Review Fairhope West Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Nearby Homes for Sale
A Story of Overcoming Common Reading Difficulties
Follow the story of Sarah, a fictional character who overcame common reading difficulties with the help of the three cueing system. This blog post explores the advantages and disadvantages of the three cueing system and provides strategies for implementing it effectively.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
Standardized tests have a long history in American K-12 education. We examine what standardized tests evaluate and more.