J Larry Newton School
- J Larry Newton School's student population of 670 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||670 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- J Larry Newton School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#242 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Baldwin County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairhope Fairhope Primary School Grades: PK-3 | 1105 students
408 N Section Street
Fairhope, AL 36532
(251)928-8400 3.7 PK-3 1105
- Fairhope Fairhope Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 830 students
Two Pirate Drive
Fairhope, AL 36532
(251)928-2573 4.9 7-8 830
- Foley Magnolia School Grades: PK-6 | 668 students
1 Jaguar Loop
Foley, AL 36535
(251)965-6200 7.7 PK-6 668
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.