Figueroa Street Elementary School
Figueroa Street Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 10%)
- Figueroa Street Elementary School's student population of 371 students has declined by 21% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 21% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-5|
|Total Students||371 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Figueroa Street Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Figueroa Street Elementary School is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Samuel Gompers Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 557 students
234 E. 112th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90061
(323)241-4000 0.4 6-8 557
- Los Angeles Washington Primary Center Grades: K-1 | 214 students
860 W. 112th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90044
(323)779-7750 0.4 K-1 214
- Los Angeles Summit Preparatory Charter Grades: 4-8 | 65 students
5100 S. Brd.way Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90037
(323)642-8806 0.6 4-8 65
- Los Angeles One Hundred Seventh Street Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 922 students
147 E. 107th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90003
(323)756-8137 0.7 K-5 922
- Los Angeles Alain Leroy Locke College Preparatory Academy Grades: 9-12 | 1684 students
325 E. 111th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015
(323)420-2100 0.8 9-12 1684
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.