One Hundred Seventh Street Elementary School
One Hundred Seventh Street Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- One Hundred Seventh Street Elementary School's student population of 922 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||922 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- One Hundred Seventh Street Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has increased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of One Hundred Seventh Street Elementary School is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Alain Leroy Locke College Preparatory Academy Grades: 9-12 | 1684 students
325 E. 111th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015
(323)420-2100 0.4 9-12 1684
- Los Angeles Samuel Gompers Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 557 students
234 E. 112th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90061
(323)241-4000 0.5 6-8 557
- Los Angeles Alliance Judy Ivie Burton Technology Academy High School Grades: 9-12 | 600 students
10101 S. Brd.way
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(323)920-6125 0.6 9-12 600
- Los Angeles Charles W. Barrett Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 946 students
419 W. 98th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90003
(323)756-1419 0.7 K-5 946
- Los Angeles Figueroa Street Elementary School Grades: 2-5 | 371 students
510 W. 111th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90044
(323)756-9268 0.7 2-5 371
Nearby Homes for Sale
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.