One Hundred Seventh Street Elementary School
One Hundred Seventh Street Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- One Hundred Seventh Street Elementary School's student population of 864 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||864 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- One Hundred Seventh Street Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#7386 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Alain Leroy Locke College Preparatory Academy Grades: 9-12 | 1,532 student
325 E. 111th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015
(323) 420-2100 0.4 9-12 1,532
- Los Angeles Samuel Gompers Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 440 students
234 E. 112th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90061
(323) 241-4000 0.5 6-8 440
- Los Angeles Alliance Judy Ivie Burton Technology Academy High School Grades: 9-12 | 610 students
10101 S. Brd.way
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(323) 920-6125 0.6 9-12 610
- Los Angeles Charles W. Barrett Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 833 students
419 W. 98th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90003
(323) 756-1419 0.7 K-5 833
- Los Angeles Figueroa Street Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 477 students
510 W. 111th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90044
(323) 756-9268 0.7 K-5 477
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.