Samuel Gompers Middle School
Samuel Gompers Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Samuel Gompers Middle School's student population of 557 students has declined by 36% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 34% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||557 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Samuel Gompers Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Samuel Gompers Middle School is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Figueroa Street Elementary School Grades: 2-5 | 371 students
510 W. 111th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90044
(323)756-9268 0.4 2-5 371
- Los Angeles Alain Leroy Locke College Preparatory Academy Grades: 9-12 | 1684 students
325 E. 111th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015
(323)420-2100 0.5 9-12 1684
- Los Angeles One Hundred Seventh Street Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 922 students
147 E. 107th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90003
(323)756-8137 0.5 K-5 922
- Los Angeles Alliance Jack H. Skirball Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 444 students
603 E. 115th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(323)905-1377 0.8 6-8 444