Fitzgerald Middle School
- Fitzgerald Middle School's student population of 1,096 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 61 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,096 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Fitzgerald Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2282 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pinellas School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Largo Pinellas Park High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,949 student
6305 118th Ave
Largo, FL 33773
(727) 538-7410 0.1 9-12 1,949
- Pinellas Park Cross Bayou Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 463 students
6886 102nd Ave N
Pinellas Park, FL 33782
(727) 547-7834 1.1 PK-5 463
- Largo Plato Academy Largo Charter School Grades: K-8 | 356 students
7100 142nd Ave
Largo, FL 33771
(727) 228-9552 1.6 K-8 356
- Largo Pinellas Preparatory Academy Grades: 4-8 | 441 students
2300 Belcher Rd S
Largo, FL 33771
(727) 536-3600 1.7 4-8 441
Best school you could go to has so many varieties of people, and the teachers are amazing and always work their hardest to help students learn.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Lovely
Our son is thriving at this school. The gifted magnet gives him the challenges that he needs to prepare him for high school and college and the teachers really seem to understand the gifted child. The new principal has been updating the school and seems to have a plan in mind to address any problems that arise. There are conflicts with students that might come up in any middle school because of the age group but this school addresses them directly. I would definitely recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - Brian
The school is old yet has received some updates. Some of the staff and principal are doing wonderful things and truly helping students. However, fights break out often and your child will be exposed to violence. The magnet program promises much and delivers little as far as caring and innovative teachers. Teachers are so busy teaching an advanced curriculum that they forget to reinforce the basics and firm up the foundation of learning. Plus, the teachers have no interest in parent meetings or working together to build a better learning environment for students.
- Posted by Parent - Angus
My daughter has been getting bullied and nothing being done !!!!!
- Posted by Parent - chevy