Florida Parishes Juvenile Detention Cntr.
- Florida Parishes Juvenile Detention Cntr.'s student population of 41 students has declined by 34% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has declined by 25% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||41 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Florida Parishes Juvenile Detention Cntr.'s student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1259 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tangipahoa Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Covington William Pitcher Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 329 students
415 South Jefferson Avenue
Covington, LA 70433
(985)892-3021 3.2 7-8 329
- Covington E. E. Lyon Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 608 students
1615 North Florida Street
Covington, LA 70433
(985)892-0869 3.3 PK-3 608
Nearby Homes for Sale
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.