Flushing International High School
Flushing International High School places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Flushing International High School's student population of 432 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||432 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Flushing International High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 4,239 schools in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic #25 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Flushing Active Learning Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 453 students
137-20 Franklin Ave
Flushing, NY 11367
(718)445-5730 0.5 PK-3 453
- Flushing Flushing High School Grades: 8-12 | 1872 students
35-01 Union St
Flushing, NY 11354
(718)888-7500 0.5 8-12 1872
- Flushing P.S. 22 Thomas Jefferson Grades: PK-5 | 851 students
153-33 Sanford Ave
Flushing, NY 11355
(718)762-4141 0.5 PK-5 851
Nearby Homes for Sale
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.