Junior High School 189 Daniel Carter Beard
- Junior High School 189 Daniel Carter Beard's student population of 774 students has grown by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 50 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||774 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Junior High School 189 Daniel Carter Beard is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 4,239 schools in New York (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2142 out of 4239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||13:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic District #25 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Flushing Flushing International High School Grades: 9-12 | 435 students
144-80 Barclay Ave
Flushing, NY 11355
(718)463-2348 0.0 9-12 435
- Flushing Active Learning Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 460 students
137-20 Franklin Ave
Flushing, NY 11367
(718)445-5730 0.5 PK-3 460
- Flushing Flushing High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,678 student
35-01 Union St
Flushing, NY 11354
(718)888-7500 0.5 9-12 1,678
- Flushing P.S. 22 Thomas Jefferson Grades: PK-5 | 920 students
153-33 Sanford Ave
Flushing, NY 11355
(718)762-4141 0.5 PK-5 920
Don't listen to any rumors. This school is really great and cares a lot about student success.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Anonymous
I think it was unfair what happened to my daughter 6th grade and who mistakenly painted a math book and was charged 100 dollars
- Posted by Parent - monch
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.