P.S. 22 Thomas Jefferson
P.S. 22 Thomas Jefferson places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- P.S. 22 Thomas Jefferson's student population of 891 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 58 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||891 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- P.S. 22 Thomas Jefferson's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#1378 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||NEW YORK CITY GEOGRAPHIC DISTRICT #25 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Flushing Flushing International High School Grades: 9-12 | 434 students
144-80 Barclay Ave
Flushing, NY 11355
(718)463-2348 0.5 9-12 434
- Flushing P.S. 107 Thomas A Dooley Grades: PK-5 | 960 students
167-02 45th Ave
Flushing, NY 11358
(718)762-5995 0.7 PK-5 960
- Flushing P.S. 24 Andrew Jackson Grades: PK-5 | 984 students
141-11 Holly Ave
Flushing, NY 11355
(718)359-2288 0.8 PK-5 984
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.