P.S. 24 Andrew Jackson
P.S. 24 Andrew Jackson places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- P.S. 24 Andrew Jackson's student population of 984 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 58 teachers has grown by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||984 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- P.S. 24 Andrew Jackson's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#1252 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||NEW YORK CITY GEOGRAPHIC DISTRICT #25 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Flushing I.S. 237 Grades: 6-8 | 1343 students
46-21 Colden St
Flushing, NY 11355
(718)353-6464 0.3 6-8 1343
- Flushing Active Learning Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 464 students
137-20 Franklin Ave
Flushing, NY 11367
(718)445-5730 0.5 PK-3 464
- Flushing Flushing International High School Grades: 9-12 | 434 students
144-80 Barclay Ave
Flushing, NY 11355
(718)463-2348 0.6 9-12 434
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.