Fort Ross Elementary School
Fort Ross Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Fort Ross Elementary School's student population of 19 students has declined by 40% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 2 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||19 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Fort Ross Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,584 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#2878 out of 9584 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||23:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fort Ross Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stewarts Point Kashia Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 12 students
31510 Skaggs Springs Rd.
Stewarts Point, CA 95480
(707)785-9682 7.9 K-8 12
- Annapolis Horicon Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 62 students
35555 Annapolis Rd.
Annapolis, CA 95412
(707)886-5322 11.2 K-8 62
- Monte Rio Monte Rio Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 88 students
20700 Foothill Dr.
Monte Rio, CA 95462
(707)865-2266 14.8 K-8 88
- Guerneville California Steam Sonoma Ii Grades: K-12 | 16 students
14630 Armstrong Woods Rd.
Guerneville, CA 95446
(310)527-1741 14.9 K-12 16
Fort Ross School offers small class size and excellent teachers who are committed to student success. The school is located in a beautiful redwood forest. Individual attention is availiable when a student has extra needs. There has been strong parent involvement and students average STAR testing scores are twice the state average.
- Posted by Parent - janin
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.