Fort Ross Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Fort Ross Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Fort Ross Elementary School's student population of 28 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 2 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Fort Ross Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Fort Ross Elementary School is Fort Ross Elementary School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Fort Ross Elementary School District's student population of 28 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $24,517 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 9% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $22,793 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 10% over four school years.
|School District Name||Fort Ross Elementary School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||28||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|District Total Revenue||$711,000||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$661,000||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$24,517||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$22,793||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stewarts Point Kashia Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 14 students
31510 Skaggs Springs Rd.
Stewarts Point, CA 95480
(415)328-4076 7.9 K-8 14
- Annapolis Horicon Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 47 students
35555 Annapolis Rd.
Annapolis, CA 95412
(707)886-5322 11.2 K-8 47
- Monte Rio Monte Rio Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 84 students
20700 Foothill Dr.
Monte Rio, CA 95462
(707)865-2266 14.8 K-8 84
- Guerneville Guerneville Community Day Grades: K-8
14630 Armstrong Woods Rd.
Guerneville, CA 95446
(707)869-2864 15.0 K-8 n/a
Fort Ross School offers small class size and excellent teachers who are committed to student success. The school is located in a beautiful redwood forest. Individual attention is availiable when a student has extra needs. There has been strong parent involvement and students average STAR testing scores are twice the state average.
- Posted by Parent - janin
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.